[RFC] Appending Bridge entries to RTM_SETLINK messages

Oliver, Jef jef.oliver at intel.com
Wed Aug 24 17:48:51 PDT 2016

I am working on enabling libnl to set the entries for a bridge link in RTM_SETLINK messages sent to the kernel. I think I am following the code flow intended for the project.

However, when using a test program to set supported entries, the changes are not reflecting. Am I appending at the correct area? In the correct way?
I'm using iproute2 code as a guide for this. I did notice that iproute2 is setting RTM_SETLINK as the nlmsg_type rather than RTM_NEWLINK, but libnl seems to account for this in messages already by switching the type on failure.

Patch work located here.
https://github.com/jeagoss/libnl/tree/bridging
https://github.com/jeagoss/libnl/commit/501dee04dbd69090b2864ea45340ad2d5da42902

Thanks,