using github pull request

Thomas Haller thaller at redhat.com
Tue May 12 04:44:29 PDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-05-12 at 13:30 +0200, Arend van Spriel wrote:
> On 05/12/15 13:19, Thomas Haller wrote:
> > On Sun, 2015-05-10 at 13:18 +0200, Arend van Spriel wrote:
> >> Hi Thomas,
> >
> > Hi Arend,
> >

> >> I forked github libnl repo (thom311/libnl is yours?) and was wondering
> >> whether you accept pull requests for it.
> >
> > Yes, the github repo 'thom311/libnl' happens to be the main place for
> > libnl nowadays.
> >

> >> I created one for four patches
> >> I created (see [1]).
> >>
> >> 	python: disable swig debug print messages
> >> 	python: capi: expose multicast membership functions
> >> 	python: capi: add nla_put() function to python capi
> >> 	python: genl: capi: add genlmsg_hdr() to capi
> >
> > great. I will look. Thank you.
> >

> >> I can also just send the patches to the mailing list using git. Please
> >> let me know what is preferred.
> >
> > Patches on the mailing list and github pull-requests, are both fine.
>
> Ok. So when I create a pull request on github should I also send an
> email like above to the mailing list for the sake of community folks
> being aware and find the patches for review and/or testing?

hm... first of all, you are always welcome to send an email to the
mailing list.

But I feel that if we actually want a notification about github events
on the mailing list, we should setup some automatism that gets triggered
when somebody makes a pull request.

I am not sure though, that is desired(?)...

Is somebody in favor of setting that up?

Thomas