libnl-3.2.23-rc1: wish request

balducci at units.it balducci at units.it
Wed Oct 23 05:00:13 EDT 2013

hello,

apologies if I am missing some blatant point.

Just tried to build 3.2.23-rc1 and I seem to understand that VXLAN
support in the kernel is unconditionally required:

    route/link/vxlan.c:32:38: fatal error: netlink/route/link/vxlan.h: No such file or directory
     #include <netlink/route/link/vxlan.h>
                                          ^
    compilation terminated.
    Makefile:1077: recipe for target 'route/link/vxlan.lo' failed
    make[3]: *** [route/link/vxlan.lo] Error 1

Unfortunately, I am a (n almost) total ignorant about vxlan and
networking in general: however, I have lived quite well until now
without vxlan in the kernel (I manually build kernels since a very long
time);

So my wish request is:

     would it be possible to make this vxlan support
     optional in the build (may be with a configure option)?

Thanks a lot for your work and, again, apologies if I am
misunderstanding something here

(please, cc to my address as I am not subscribed to the list)

ciao
gabriele