rtnl_link_vlan_add() and rtnl_link_bridge_add() ?

Thomas Graf tgraf at suug.ch
Fri Oct 19 08:50:31 EDT 2012

On 10/19/12 at 08:17am, Pavel Simerda wrote:
> We're not currently doing this. I'm using rtnl_link_add() for now with
> libnl3. Note that our compatibility layer still supports libnl1. We will
> eventually drop it together with libnl2, but even then will have to keep
> compatible with libnl3.
>
> If you have any suggestions to make our life easier with libnl compatibility,
> I'm all for listening :).

I won't be breaking the existing interfaces so there will be a new
rtnl_link_add_and_return() function or something along those lines.

So you can switch to that function and require a minimal libnl version
whenever you feel comfortable.

Not sure if NM actually needs this at all since it will be depending
on the interface name to identify and reuse existing virtual
interfaces.

~Thomas