Libnl compilation for powerpc

Brett Ciphery brett.ciphery at windriver.com
Wed Jan 11 10:07:14 EST 2012

[Libnl compilation for powerpc] On 11/01/2012 (Wed 18:57) Uday Kiran K wrote:

> Hi list
>
> I am trying to cross compile libnl 3.2.3 for powerpc in CentOS5.0.
>
> But after "make install" , when I see /usr/lib folder , libnl*.so's are not generated.

Sticking powerpc libraries inside host /usr/lib probably isn't a great
idea, but there a couple things you could consider.

-check that configure is actually building shared libraries, it'll say
something like:
	"checking whether to build shared libraries... yes"

 or within build dir: find . -name 'libnl*.so'

-review output of "make install" step, it'll tell you exactly where it
placed libraries.  maybe they're in another dir, /usr/local/lib perhaps?

Brett