wireless scanning removes link address from cache manager

Gotthard, Petr Petr.Gotthard at Honeywell.com
Fri Aug 3 13:47:40 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have just a workaround: I did install a new co_event_filter for that cache (see nl_cache_get_ops) where I skip all messages that have no link address.

Petr

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Collins [mailto:bsderandrew at gmail.com]
Sent: 3. srpna 2012 19:09
To: Gotthard, Petr; libnl at lists.infradead.org
Subject: Re: wireless scanning removes link address from cache manager

Thomas, I'm having the same issue, and I'm curious if you have a
suggested solution.  I could either bail out in link_msg_parser when I
see IFLA_WIRELESS (but with what return code?), or parse the message
into a link object with a l_wireless attr and filter it later in
link_event_filter, but neither solution seems particularly elegant.