conntrack mark question

Stijn Souffriau stijn.souffriau at essensium.com
Mon Sep 19 17:47:26 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I would like to change the conntrack mark of a connection using libnl. I
have managed to query and delete connections using the *nfnl_ct_query
*and *nfnl_ct_del *functions but I haven't succeeded yet in modifying a
connection. I believe that *nfnl_ct_add *would allow me to do this but
despide returning NLE_SUCCESS I see no change in the mark.

Some of my code:
nfnl_ct_set_family ( ct_object, AF_INET ); // IPv4
nfnl_ct_set_proto ( ct_object, 6 ); // TCP
nfnl_ct_set_src ( ct_object, 0, src_addr );
nfnl_ct_set_dst ( ct_object, 0, dest_addr );
nfnl_ct_set_src_port( ct_object, 0, src_port );
nfnl_ct_set_dst_port( ct_object, 0, dst_port );
nfnl_ct_set_mark( ct_object, mark );
nfnl_ct_add(nfnl_conntrack_sock, ct_object, NLM_F_REQUEST|NLM_F_ACK);

Note that if I use these attributes, except for the mark, in a query
then I receive the connection whose mark I meant to change.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Stijn

This message and any attachments herein are confidential, intended solely for the addressees and are SoftAtHome's ownership. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.