Release information

Thomas Graf tgraf at infradead.org
Wed Oct 13 08:46:03 EDT 2010

Folks,

Thanks everyone for their contribution. I've tried to catch up with mail
and apply all patches. If I missed a patch, I'm sorry, please resubmit
or point me to the patch. Thanks!

Also, I'm planning to finally releasing libnl-2.0 today. I know people
have been waiting on it for ages. Technically I am not satisified with
the current state of the code for a 2.0 release. I have several big changes
in the pipeline which I wanted to get in before a 2.0 release but I realized
that I simply don't have the time to get it completed within a resonable
amount of time. Therefore I will make a 2.0 release and open up a 2.2 tree
soon for new development while maintaining a stable 2.0 tree to meet the
requirements of distributions.

Please note: The 2.0 release will most likely break applications based on
libnl-1.x.

Thanks